$4200 online or $4200 hybrid face-to-face
Payment plans available
Own your own business or work for someone else as a residential sales agent, commercial sales agent, property manager, buyer's agent or business broker.
Apprentices have the opportunity to not only learn the nuts and bolts of the real estate profession but are also mentored by real estate professionals who are committed to quality in a structured workplace training program. By combining theory and practical learning, apprentices are given relevant workplace skills that benefit both themselves and their employers by raising the standards of the real estate profession.
- Graduate with CPP41419 Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice to qualify to work as a residential sales agent, commercial sales agent, property manager, buyer's agent or business broker.
- 2 year recommended course duration.
- Study Online at your own pace.
- Complete 18 units of competency to receive your qualification.
- FREE one-on-one student support sessions.
- FREE access to REIQ Career Networking Events.
- FREE REIQ Graduate Membership at the completion of your course.
How it works
Here is a detailed breakdown of how the apprenticeship process works for employers. Throughout the process, Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) provide support with:
- New Employee Induction - AASN provides a program induction for you and your new apprentice and facilitates the completion and signing of the training contract.
- Choosing a Training Provider - ASAN will provide you and your apprentice a list of suitable Registered Training Organisations (RTO) to choose from to deliver the training. REIQ is an RTO for real estate training and the peak body for real estate in Queensland.
- Government Registration - AASN will work with employer and apprentice to finalise training contract requirements and forward to the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (DESBT) for registration.
- Eligible Incentive Claims - AASN will assess employer and apprentice eligibility for incentives and assist with claim application and processing when they are due.
- Employee Mentoring and Assistance - For the duration of the training, AASN offers access to mentoring and other support services as required.
- Completion of Training - Your apprentice now gains a formal industry qualification that is nationally recognised and qualifies them to apply to the Office of Fair Trading to gain their formal real estate licence.
Benefits of Offering an Apprenticeship
From an agency perspective, by up-skilling staff though apprenticeships, employees are motivated to achieve a higher company standard. In addition to this, the potential Federal Government funding that can be claimed through the apprenticeship can contribute to the learning and development budget of the agency and assist with ongoing and consistent training.
Apprentices have the opportunity to not only learn the nuts and bolts of the real estate profession through 18 units of competency-based training but are also mentored by real estate professionals who are committed to quality in a structured workplace training program. By combining theory and practical learning, apprentices are given relevant workplace skills that benefit both themselves and their employers by raising the standards of the real estate profession.
The qualification REIQ apprentices complete is a CPP41419 – Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice which has 18 units of study.
Government Financial Incentives
As the representative body for the real estate profession, the REIQ is in a unique position to provide real estate training that is highly regarded by the profession.
Our training is presented by real estate professionals and is backed up by well researched, comprehensive support materials. In addition to this, the REIQ is able to offer a dedicated apprenticeship team, committed to supporting our apprentices throughout their apprenticeships.
In addition to this, the REIQ is able to offer a dedicated apprenticeship team, committed to supporting our apprentices throughout their apprenticeships.
Depending on eligibility, you may be able to claim:
- $3,500 potential hiring incentive (1 installment of $1750 at six months and $1750 at 12 months)*
- *Eligibility criteria apply for each of these incentives. Australian Apprenticeship Support Networks are contracted to the Australian Government to provide you with free assistance in assessing your business for eligibility for incentives and helping you with the processes and procedures involved. You can find out more about the potential incentives you may be eligible for here.
To discuss eligibility requirements, please complete the contact form below which will be sent to MEGT for review. They will then contact you to discuss potential employer incentives based on eligibility requirements and discuss the next steps in the process.
Apprenticeship employment contract
Engage an Australian Apprentice through an REIQ Apprenticeship and receive discounted RealworksHR membership!
Employ your new apprentice with thee REIQ’s Trainee Letter of Engagement Agreement on RealworksHR. Contact the Training Team via the form below to get more information.
Based on 160 reviews.
Other courses for you
Why you should study with the REIQ
Expert Industry Trainers
Learn from the best. All our trainers have at least 13 years’ industry experience and still have highly successful careers in real estate. Now as teachers, they can pass on their industry expertise to you.
As the peak body for real estate in Queensland, the REIQ is highly regarded by the industry and known for producing job-ready professionals. Real estate agencies are 60% more likely to hire REIQ graduates.
We offer FREE 12-month graduate membership to help you succeed during your first year in the industry. Graduate membership assists with a seamless transition from student to professional.
As an REIQ student, you'll receive FREE one-on-one student support sessions with our expert trainers during your studies to ensure you are supported every step of the way. You can also book private one-hour tutorials if needed (fees apply).
REIQ students receive FREE career networking opportunities to meet with credible agencies. These events are a great opportunity to connect with industry professionals and potential employers in a casual environment.
Maximum flexibility for you. Choose to pay your course upfront or enter into a payment plan.